Network Programmability with YANGDe (autor) Benoit Claise, Joe Clarke, Jan Lindblad
en Limba Engleză Carte Hardback – June 2019
Authored by three YANG pioneers, this plain-spoken book guides you through successfully applying software practices based on YANG data models. The authors focus on the network operations layer, emphasizing model-driven APIs, and underlying transports.
Whether you're a network operator, DevOps engineer, software developer, orchestration engineer, NMS/OSS architect, service engineer, or manager, this guide can help you dramatically improve value, agility, and manageability throughout your network.
- Discover the value of implementing YANG and Data Model-Driven Management in your network
- Explore the layers and components of a complete working solution
- Build a business case where value increases as your solution grows
- Drill down into transport protocols: NETCONF, RESTCONF, and gNMI/gRPC
- See how telemetry can establish a valuable automated feedback loop
- Find data models you can build on, and evaluate models with similar functionality
- Understand models, metadata, and tools from several viewpoints: architect, operator, module author, and application developer
- Walk through a complete automation journey: business case, service model, service implementation, device integration, and operation
- Leverage the authors' experience to design successful YANG models and avoid pitfalls